catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Is God Missing?

Pittsburgh06
Nov 16 2005
03:57 pm

I’ve been in and out of churches for a very long time; never staying in one place for very long. So, I’ve had a fair amount of experiences at differenet churches. Maybe it’s just me, but I guess this is one thing that is really starting to bug me…so here goes I guess:

Though Jesus is obviously the reason why we are Christians and not something else, I am beginning to wonder if churches are becomming too Jesus-Centered. Now, don’t shoot me down right away for that statement…just think about it.

While Jesus is an important part of our religion, sometimes I ask the question “Is God missing here?” Many churches that I have been to, while reading maybe one scripture from the Old Testament, tend to leave a lot of talk about God out of the church service. I feel like we’ve become so centered on Jesus’ life and death (as it is obviously very important) that we have not forgotten, but maybe lost sight of the fact that GOD sent His son to us. I feel like God isn’t getting the credit He deserves. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like God is missing in many churches.

Does anyone else have this feeling….ever? Maybe I’m alone in this one, but something inside tells me that I’m not.

:?: