catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Spanking

richardgreencfr
Aug 12 2006
11:52 am

Thanks for the insights Albertabeef.

I agree in the sense that punishment should fit the crime.

With regards to splashing water, I do find that unusual, so i am a little shocked by it, however, i have no real insight as to the validity or that method or whether it is creational or redemptive.

My take on discipline is that its a loving correction that must flow out of a clearly loving place in the parent’s heart. That it is to say that it doesn’t neccessarily have to be happy or angry, it could be either one, as long as it is loving. Because I don’t doubt that kids are very intune with the parent’s state of heart, and altough they won’t like the discipline, if they can look back on it and know that it came out of the loving heart-response of the parent, it will have the effect of keeping the child on the right path of Godly development, as well as many other shalom-based results, including the reconcilliation of relationships that may have been damamged by the crime, and a strengthening of the parent child bond of trust and love.

With regards to age appropriate technique, or just appropriate techniques in general, I don’t have much to say, clearly I hope for all parents that they are Spirit filled and seek moment by moment wisdom from the Spirit (counselor and guide)

I wonder though what the water splashing technique will do to the child’s dignity? Does it get their attention at a more detrimental cost?

Richard out.