catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Where have we traveled?

Xyrak
Apr 22 2003
02:48 pm

I’d say the best “exotic” trip I have had was a missions trip to Hungary, Romania, and Ukraine in 1997. Although not overly relaxing and quite work oriented I had a chance to see an amazing culture. All three countries were exceptionally beautiful and much more westernized than I had expected.

Just last year I went on a business trip to Austria. I had a chance to head up to Vienna for a day. Awesome local German beers. No becks for me thanks. Vienna is something everyone should do. I stayed in the Stephansplatz hotel and had a room looking at the Stephansdom (St. Stephans Cathedral). Amazing. But even more so the royal treasury. I’m sure you’ve all seen the jewels of the holy roman empire in old paintings but have you ever seen them in real life. Needless to say, I stayed there for hours in awe of the beauty of such historical artifacts. Everyone needs to go check it out once in their life time. Also a sight to see is the palace outside of town a bit. Incredible.

As for installing a call center in Austria, when I don’t speak a word of German? Well it was a challenge.