catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

The Warrior Inside

Xyrak
May 05 2003
12:08 pm

Thanks,

This is quite reasuuring. I am comforted by the fact that there is some hope in the military. I appreciate what you said (JabirdV) about the military people in your life. What I think I’m understanding that a military carreer will either break you or make you a stronger Christian. There is very little room or comfort for luke warm christians there. Am I right?

I hesitate to say I’m called to the military. I believe my call is to ministry, but it is not to church ministry. I am looking for a place that I can work and be challenged in my faith, and skills.

This change of thought began as I became dissallusioned with the whole IT (Info Tech) job market. It is tighter than a … well its tight. Finding I had no enjoyment I decided I needed a change and a challenge. Intelligence & Security is my primary carreer goal (military or otherwise). I have applied at CSIS (Canadian CIA) but didn’t recieve a call back and recently thought my chances of getting into the military were slim to none with Asthma and Chrones but with God’s help anything and everything is possible. It’s up to God. I will work my tail off to get in shape but it will be God who works in the recruitment office to let me in if that is truely where he wants me. If I took a wrong step… well… I’ll still be in great shape and I will still have gained something out of the process.

You know how God tends to speak to you and repeat certain things to you to emphasize something? Maybe you don’t but God has been repeating the lesson of trust to me. God is asking me to trust him. And I trust him in this journey.

Personally I’d love the challenge of the military, but if it isn’t where God wants me then its probably not going to happen eh?

Jason I’ll e-mail you sometime.

Dave