catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

The Warrior Inside

Xyrak
May 02 2003
07:12 am

Thanks for the reply. I’ve used my gifts for the Lord. But I think I’ve neglected myself. Looking for approval of others and from God without having deep down approval from my soul. I became (and still am) frustrated with my life and my job. Now looking change straight in the eye I have a goal in mind. This may not sound too radical for you because you know little about me but it is completely insane if you knew me more.

In 3 months I want to be able to do:
19 pushups, 19 situps, 6 pullups, and a 2.4 Km run in under 12 minutes. What on earth has this got to do with anything? My goal is to pass the fitness test to get into the Canadian Forces. I want a new adventure, something to challenge and strengthen my faith outside of the normal routine. I want to do something because I want to.

God can overcome sin, selfishness, pride, fear, and insecurity, and he can do it anytime he likes. But as I’ve discovered in my battles with those similar things God needs our help to make change last.

Me? I need to start something new, something extrodinary and KICK ASS. My desk jockey job is great income, and a mental challenge but… something is lacking, and that something is the adventure.

What prompted you to join the Army? How has the Army challenged your faith? If I am really serious about this path then I want to know what I’ll be up against. (Assuming the Canadian Forces will be a similar challenge to the US Army).