catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Prayer Request

geoff3
Apr 13 2005
12:57 pm

I wonder if you could all pray for an exciting possibility to actually turn into the real thing. After an impromptu enquiry, I’ve just been contacted by the University of Bristol asking me to put in my CV and meet them mid-May for an informal chat, re doing some tutor work for their lifelong learning programme.

Having recently been made redundant, I’d love the opportunity to do some part-time work and leave the rest of the ‘free’ time for writing.

Thanks,
Geoff

kirstin
Apr 15 2005
02:27 pm

this sounds like a great opportunity, geoff. i will pray. keep us updated and please tell me more about the program.

geoff3
Apr 16 2005
07:25 am

Hi Kirstin,

I’ve just sent off my academic and publication CV to the University.

The courses range from one day study days to 10 week courses, in such stuff as ‘Understanding Art’ and ‘17th Century Art and Architecture’. This may be an inroad to the University, I’m not sure. God has cloaked my future in mystery, so I have no map to guide me, only a compass!!

I’ve applied for jobs in the last four months, for which I’m eminently qualified to do, but haven’t even been called for interview, so we think God may have something specific in mind. At times this is exciting and at other times perplexing!

Thanks for your prayers.
Geoff

geoff3
May 18 2005
12:24 pm

Hi Kirstin,

Thanks for your prayers! The University of Bristol has taken me on as a tutor for their Lifelong Learning Courses in the History of Art. All I need to do now is write a day course or two, or even a 10 week course!

This has been the only door that has opened in the last four months, so we are thrilled with God’s blessing and care.

Thanks again,
Geoff

Norbert
May 18 2005
03:35 pm

Congratulations Geoff! I’m very happy for you and wish you God’s best in your new position.

kirstin
May 18 2005
04:06 pm

that’s wonderful, Geoff! unemployable? not entirely. :)

geoff3
May 19 2005
04:14 am

Thanks!
Unemployable? Maybe not, it is probably just a time thing, that is, God works slower than human time!

Geoff

geoff3
May 25 2006
05:43 am

Hi everyone in Cinoland,

This is just to let you know that I am now officially employed, on a permanent part-time contract, with the City of Bristol College. My official title is ‘Lecturer’, but the main purpose of the job is the mentoring of those involved in the arts, or more accurately, Christians involved in the arts. I have around 45 ‘students’: actors, visual artists, poets, writers, musicians, dancers, choreographers, oh and one comedian, if he can get his form in on time!

I’m hoping from this to look at setting up a registered charity to provide this kind of thing long term, as currently the mentoring group is a time limited thing and I don’t want to be utilitarian and say goodbye to people, just because of the lack of some official piece of paper.

As well as this I continue to run dayschools at the University of Bristol, on an [i:cd2c8a7b04]ad hoc[/i:cd2c8a7b04] basis. The next one is in June on Art Depreciation.

Thanks for your prayers during my sojourn in the desert lands. I think the future looks interesting in Bristol.

Peace,

Geoff