catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Prayer Request

geoff3
May 25 2006
05:43 am

Hi everyone in Cinoland,

This is just to let you know that I am now officially employed, on a permanent part-time contract, with the City of Bristol College. My official title is ‘Lecturer’, but the main purpose of the job is the mentoring of those involved in the arts, or more accurately, Christians involved in the arts. I have around 45 ‘students’: actors, visual artists, poets, writers, musicians, dancers, choreographers, oh and one comedian, if he can get his form in on time!

I’m hoping from this to look at setting up a registered charity to provide this kind of thing long term, as currently the mentoring group is a time limited thing and I don’t want to be utilitarian and say goodbye to people, just because of the lack of some official piece of paper.

As well as this I continue to run dayschools at the University of Bristol, on an [i:cd2c8a7b04]ad hoc[/i:cd2c8a7b04] basis. The next one is in June on Art Depreciation.

Thanks for your prayers during my sojourn in the desert lands. I think the future looks interesting in Bristol.

Peace,

Geoff