catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Masturbation kills kittens?

Briel3
Nov 10 2002
04:13 am

I’m glad to see christians talking about real issues. Masturbation is an issue that effects both men and women. It certainly doesn’t discriminate between christian or non. First of all I have not even gone to that xxxchurch site yet, but it sounds like a joke. I think serious topics should be talked about seriously.

Now Seriously, God calls us to live a holy life. Scripture is clear on that. The reason that God calls us to live holy is because we are holy already. WE are not holy becasue we conquer some sin. We are holy becasue Christ death made us the rightouesness of God. We can’t loose our holiness becasue we masturbate or even sin in any other form. Are holy standing before GOd has been established by Christ and there is nothing man can do to change that.

I have heard about the "whole release " thing. This whole philosophy about sexaul tension and if you don’t masturbate you will die or explode or something. Well first of all the flesh needs to be seen for what it is. The bible says one day corruptable will put on incorruptable. Our flesh is corrupt and most of the things we feel and experience in the flesh are affected by our sinful nature. Our bodies in other words are liing to us. When GOd created us he created us perfect and even after the fall of Adam we are still able to survive. The body is so amazing. GOd created us with relief vavles. If our body temp gets to high we sweat, to cold we shiver, to much stress we can shut down emotionally, trauma, shift the flow of blood to only vital organs. As far as sexually, if we build up too much ejaculatory fluid and sperm cells the body will discharge it through urine or you might wake up in the morning needing to change your “drawers”. My point is if you think you are going to die if you don’t have sex that is a lie from the flesh. It doesn’t mean your desires are not real. GOd created us to be sexaully active in his design.

Lets seperate sexaul tension from needing to release. Sexual tension is not natural it is created by us. Those who are married and affectionite towards one another are going to have some difficulty, but a sexaul relationship will be part of there package.

Tension speaks of struggle. Struggle speaks of the battle between spirit and flesh. Sex by design is a means to express love from one spouse to another, while providing the only method for human reproduction.

Masturbation is sin, and we need to look at it like any other sin or temptation. Our corrupted flesh calls us and wants to sexually gratify itself. We have two chosses, yes or no. Ofcourse when we say no our flesh throws a fit!!!! We may become restless or even anxious. This causes us to meditate on the very thing we are not trying to do. Might I remind you if you have masturbated before you know that you can make this feeling go away by just giving in. Then you start thinking about that. Now it is getting complicated. If you are tempted to masturbate you have not sinned. It is not a sin to be tempted.
The sin is in our response to the temptation. Temptation is very difficult and it is a hard thing to deal with. Mix that in with the fact that it involves a part of us that GOd created and invovles a part of us that brings us pleasure.

O.K. let us say we give in ,we masturbate. First of all God still loves us the same and we can confess that sin and move on . EVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN. There is no limit to GOds’ forgivness. We made the feeling go away. We thought we were releasing sexaul tension and a little body fluid but we really realesed guilt and shame(which by the way will lead into the next time we masturbate) and condemnation. The guilt and shame invovled with sin is the feeling of seperation we feel. Sin seperates us from fellowship with God. We can’t approach God with sin ,that is why confession is so critical and it is so availible through his forgivness ,cause he wants us to keep approaching him as we grow in him. Shame tells us that what we are doing is wrong. (AS far as it relates to sin) We should be ashamed or bothered by the sins we do. People who say we are born gay or masturbation is normal are familiar with life in the flesh. They use this corrupted thinking to justify there bondages and addicitons. The truth is the flesh is tainted, it is affected by sin. Through christ there is a higher level of living. Living above our flesh, living in the spirit, but here on earth. Galations is clear, live by the spirit and you will not gratify the evil desires of the flesh. YOu wont ,not maybe you wont. Now I am not picking on anybody. I understand the struggle. IT is only a struggle if you fight it in the flesh.

NOt sinnig equals freedom. When we don’t give into temptaion we become free. We release freedom unto ourselves. Sin is designed not to make us feel bad about ourselves, it is designed to chain us up and lead us into a path that will result in our death. Sin from the beginning is designed to kill us.

The sin in masturbation is not to be tempted with it. The sin is in gratifying the flesh. it is not selfish so to speak ,becasue a slave doesn’t serve his master out of selfishness. In order to accomplish the act of masturbation we have to embrace thinking that that is not GOdly. We have to not set our minds on things of above. In other words we have to fantasize. Fantasy is saying “God I don’t like the life you have given or I don’t like the things you have given me to think about so I want to mentally create a new lot in life”. I close my eyes and I can be anything I want ,think anything I want , be with anyone I want.
The problem with that is that our minds are now focused off of GOd and our mind is where the war goes on. Those whos’ minds are set on Christ are at perfect peace. The answer to sexaul tension and temptation is the supernatural peace of God.
No addiciton is O.K. And there will never be an addiciton that can be controlled. An addiciton controls you. Excess can always be minimized when we compare it to someone elses’ situation. when compared to JEsus the exces is seen truthfully for what it is. LOve patience kindness, gentlness self control against such things there is no law…………. Do those in increasing measure. GOd wants us all to live lives above the flesh. Collosians says the love of GOd is suppose to rule us ,NOT OUR FLESH. AS christians we need to do the natural thing and progress to the next level beyond the flesh. Does this mean you will be perfect? DOes this mean you will never be tempted to sin or specifically masturbate? IT means you will begin to go in a direction of freedom in Christ, you will have HOly thinking, and as you grow closer to God you will be more and more victorious. You will be more free. You are already holy, and your inner life will begin to catch up with that. Until then there is forgivness and confession, it allows us to get back to God and keep going ,not to let us escape from the guilt of our sin. Sin is designed to kill you not a kitten……………………