catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

2006 Camping is not Optional Feedback...

nosugardaddy
Aug 19 2006
10:40 pm

Greetings to all of you who did the *cino camping trip.
I was wondering if you would post your feedback on the experience.
What were the memorable moments, speakers, workshops, etc.?
Are you already making plans for next year?
And if so, what and where?

kirstin
Aug 20 2006
09:26 pm

no firm plans for next year yet, but we’re getting very affirming feedback from folks who participated in the new more formal event we put on this year. they’re sending us evaluations, but I’d also love to hear from some of them here. we’ll let you all know as soon as we have a date and location.

for me, the most overwhelming good was the constant sense of the Spirit’s presence. that’s the only way I can describe the common denominator in the way everything came together—the presenters, the camping, the workshops, the keynote speaker and the sense of community surrounding the food, the campfires, the fieldtrips, the music, even the toilet facilities. I also appreciated the work that went into making children feel welcome (not my responsibility as an organizer) and the risk that families took in bringing their kids—from one to six of them in a family, ages 1 to 17. We had participants ranging in age from 1 to 80-something. I am humbled that we put on an event in rural Ontario to which people actually came and through which people actually found themselves transformed and encouraged.

eddie
Aug 20 2006
10:48 pm

i love Christ!