catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Sex and spirit

Jeff
Jun 19 2007
09:28 am

I for one am very disappointed with the editors of catapult for publishing this article.

I am not disappointed because the article correctly attacks dualistic Gnosticism, or that it rightly emphasizes God’s design of intended sexual pleasure, or because it highlights the connection between sex and emotional fulfillment or that it emphasizes the need to talk about sex with our children. All of these are worthy of discussion.

No, I am disappointed because this article proclaims that it is “holy” to have sex outside of the bonds of marriage. This is the last thing I expected to read at a site dedicated to promoting the Lordship of Christ applied to all of life. This is not a “grey” area subject to the exercise of Christian liberty. Scripture is abundantly clear on this point.

Ms. Zielinkski is not liberating anyone. To the contrary, she is leading them into the bondage of sin.

I seriously question whether the editors at catapult understand “antithesis”. I am wondering if they draw [i:717bd52427]any[/i:717bd52427] lines. Should I expect articles that justify drunkenness, stealing, slander, etc so as to “generate discussion.”?