catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Role of *cino

wscott
Nov 08 2002
10:30 am

From the article:
“We value our security and our material comfort. We want to know within reason what we can expect from each new day.”

I fall into this category if I’m not careful. I am here because I want to be challenged to go beyond my comfortable, non-thinking self. I don’t want to accept the status quo just because that’s what my church wants me to believe. I want to follow every thought to it’s conclusion…or as far as I can go. I hope that doesn’t make me come off as a pain in the ass.

I’m also interested in community and I love the idea of having a place to vent or unload intelectual baggage. Most people i come in contact with on a day-to-day basis could care less about metaphysics or epistemology. Most people, at church even, could give a rip about theology or philosophy. My pastor from the church i grew up in said there is know use for philosophy(this is partially why I ended up minoring in it).

At any rate, as a new member, I look forward to many an interesting discussion. I also look forward to finding some friends who will kick my butt rather than just being nice to me.