catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Re: Would Jesus Mosh? How ?Christian? is Christian Metal?

RFT
Feb 21 2006
07:29 pm

My point was to show that the article saying Heavy Metal was "un-Christian" was wrong and flawed. Mr.Seel never used an example of a Christian Heavy Metal band in his argument against it. He used P.O.D. a lot, which is not a Christian Heavy Metal Band, and Korn, which is a secular Nu Metal band.

Christian Heavy Metal bands are not the only ones that scream their message of God to their audiences; e.g., 12 Stones. One of the purposes of Christian Heavy Metal is to reach the lost who listen to this style of music, and to entertain Christians who also like it. I also find that Christian Heavy Metal bands that plug in difficult guitar soloing into their songs are not only sticking to what Heavy Metal is and is suppose to be, but also are testifying through that by showing their love for God through giving their all in their music, which Jesus told us to do in Mark 12:30 to "Love the Lord our God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." This is what I have against the bands that Christian leaders pat on the back a lot for their good "effort" and "performance", which I find them lacking in either because while they exclaim God’s message through their lyrics(words), they fail to show it in their actions (performance). For it has been said, "Actions speak louder than words."

Rock, Hip-hop, and Rap was taken by Christian musical artists too, who just threw Christian lyrics into their songs also. So, Christian Heavy Metal bands are not the only ones who have done this.

LLHM!!!

P.S. Screaming/yelilng is showing that Christian Heavy Metal bands want everyone to hear their message of/from God, and is another way of their showing of their love of God via giving their all.