catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Bowling for Columbine

jonner
Sep 05 2003
02:59 pm

“Um, excuse me Jonner. The link I posted below was not from Worldnetdaily, but from an independent group found via a quick search on the internet.”

I was referring to the WorldnetDaily article that you posted in its entirety in this thread. I was under the impression that this is where you got the claim about Moore using actors and scripting scenes instead of interviewing real people. But reading through it again, i don’t see anything there about that. Perhaps I simply read it too quickly. You made the claim, i was merely asking for some verification of the claim. It seems to me that this is the most serious claim against moore and if it’s true, then I’d like to see some proof.

I admit that Moore was somewhat misleading about the Lockheed Martin factory, though i’d suggest that he was no more misleading than those people claiming that the factory only made “rockets that carry TV satellites into space”. They don’t. They contract with the air force. They create weapons. Possibly mostly defensive weapons, but they do have projects which involve launching ballistic missiles and they do have projects which make use of Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles from the air force (Minuteman II). Perhaps these projects are defensive in nature as well, I have no way of knowing what these projects are ultimately for.